Thursday, April 19, 2007

"Lover boy to!"


“I feel blessed to have been there… no regrets.” Kian Kazemi, the 21-year-old restaurant owner and ex-PBB housemate, told the press. Despite being the latest evictee from the PBB house, Kian still exudes that confident, welcoming attitude he got known for during his stint inside the house. In fact, when asked about his mahangin image, he replied: “Dating ko maangas talaga, pero pag nagsimula na ang usapan, alam na nilang hindi. Di nila alam, sanay to sa hirap!”

He has experienced his own fair share of hardships; they were financially unstable for a time, and he got kicked out of high school for his rowdy behavior. However, he pushed through and finished Hotel and Restaurant Management in the De La Salle University College of St. Benilde. He put up a restaurant he manages until today: Persia Grill in Makati, which fuses Filipino and Persian cuisine; not unlike his heritage.

He describes his stay in the PBB house as nothing short of fulfilling. Kian admits he joined out of curiosity, but soon found he more than satiated this during his stay. “My first motivation was the priceless experience,” he relates. “I thought of it as boot camp; you were told what to do at a set time, but it was still fun.”

Of course, he hasn’t lost the close friendship he has with his fellow housemates. He has nothing but praise for Gee-Ann, one of his closest friends: “Enjoy ako magluto para sa kanya kase sarap na sarap siyang kumain eh!” He then added that he was impressed with her decision to give up Pamela, saying: “Binigay niya to let go of something… I’m happy for her.”

When asked who his bet was, however, he never flinched even for a second. “My money’s on Nel… that’s my boy!” The two formed a close friendship while inside the house, and remained to be quite the comedic tandem. Kian also formed strong ties with Bruce and Mickey, and he points out: “Mas may teamwork ang lalaki, kahit may differences.”

Kian wooed the press like he did the housemates, and from this it isn’t surprising if a career in showbiz is next in line for him. “I consider myself versatile,” when asked if he preferred hosting or acting gigs. “I don’t wanna compare myself to anyone… I’m gonna be my own man.” And with his attitude and impact, what he said doesn’t seem far off at all.

No comments: